If you have to choose between React JS vs Vue JS, which one would you like to pick up? There is no correct answer to this question because both are being immensely used to build thousands of websites. Nevertheless, learning these frameworks requires time and effort. Hence, when to decide, which one gains preference over the other? You should make proper research as it’s not all black and white.
React is a front-end library that is used to create stateful and reusable UI components. It enables the creation of large web applications that can alter the data without reloading the page. The prime motive of this framework is to be simple, fast, and scalable. The front-end library doesn’t apply the MVC template in its completeness- although you can consider it, the view part of it.
When it comes to performance, React JS has a zipped file size of 43KB; the library has famous too fast because of its incredible speed and other features, such as –
React uses a virtual DOM that makes it able to high efficiency only by re-rendering nodes as required.
The framework provides support for bundling and tree-shaking in order to minimize the end user’s resource load.
React also helps in providing server-side functionality that is great for some implementations.
- Using Virtual DOMenables React JS to boost up performance and optimize the app’s workload.
- It makes one-way Databinding while writing React applications. Also, provides better control over the entire project.
- React JS is easily testable with other components and evaluates the output of actions, in order to make the development process effective.
- React JS doesn’t implement MVC; it implies developers may require to use extra libraries for applying state and mode.
- Due to constant updates and all the companion libraries being created to support it, React JS accelerating so fast, it leads to poor documentation as there is no time to write proper instructions.
- In this framework, everything can alter or evolve, which requires developers to up to date with new ways to do things. It creates huge disruptions.
Vue is a progressive platform to build user interfaces. In contrast to the monolithic framework, i.e. Angular, Vue is incrementally adopted for users. The most starred JS framework on GitHub, all credit goes its features, easy learning curve as well as ability to develop fast, robust, and sophisticated single-page applications.
- It is really easy to compare it to React as both of them have a similar mission. Some of the similarities are –
- Both acquire a virtual DOM
- Both use reactive and composable view components
Both focus on their effort on the core part of the library, leave other functions, i.e. routing to companion libraries. Apart from this, if we talk about performance, Vue is an incredibly fast tool. With its exceptional small 18KB after gzipping; the framework surely has a long life ahead.
- Due to its manageable size and ability to incrementally adopt parts of technology, Vue JS performance covers a large part of what makes it an effective tool.
- In comparison to other frameworks, Vue can be easily learned which makes it appealing for beginners and experts.
- The development team of this platform has put effort into the tool’s documentation that makes it incredibly helpful for users.
- Easy project integration allows you to use Vue JS in your project.
- The framework has a smaller job market, since, it will take some time to be in demand.
Comparison Between React js vs Vue js-
|Factor||React JS||Vue JS|
|The framework is backed by Facebook and was open-sourced by the same company in 2013.
Facebook has a dedicated team of developers who put their efforts into React, even various internal codes are completed on React.
|Vue is not supported by any big corporate giant like React. Though, it has gained immense popularity in the open-source community. In the comparison of react js vs Vue js, the framework is completely new and backed by a group of open source contributors.|
|Code Style and learning curve
JSX is a different approach, as well as similar to HTML. For typical web developers, JSX could be a bit of a learning curve initially but they can grasp it with some practice.
In addition to this, React JS also considers everything as a component and all components have their own component lifecycle.
The framework has its own lifecycle methods that manage such components.
|Vue’s coding style is similar to what developers used before the advent of React. The framework splits HTML, CSS, and JS like the old way of coding web applications.
It does allow JSX if it is your preferred code style.
Along with this, Vue’s component lifecycles are simple and much more intuitive than React. It’s a new or younger framework, hence, it took the best of React and address many of its issues.
|The React documentation is getting better and the entire is putting efforts to make it better.
Though, when comparing documentation of react js vs Vue js, Vue the winner.
|As mentioned, Vue is the youngest framework in the JS space. It has the best documentation hands-down and, the framework is liked by many techies due to its clear and concise documentation.
Thus, new developers love to work with Vue as they can easily navigate through the concepts.
|React native has developed from React and the mobile solution helps in building native mobile apps using JS and React. Nowadays, so many companies are using React Native; it is also backed by Facebook.
|Vue doesn’t have anything in open source but it is performing equally as React Native. Vue developers can’t leverage their knowledge in order to develop mobile apps ideas by using Vue.|
|It is an opinionated library that could be good and bad, based on your perspectives. React offers lots of flexibility and allows developers to choose their paths.
For example – React doesn’t offer routing options, rather than you can go for third-party solutions for routing.
For advanced state management, you can get the support of third-party libraries, i.e. Redux, MobX, and other libraries for state management.
It shows that React Js can go with the flow of your application, manage state, etc.
|Vue is also a flexible framework, but it is more opinionated than React. The framework offers Vuex for state management, Vue server-side for providing server-side, Vue router for routing; all of them are a part of the official Vuejs Github Page. The vue.js framework comes with bare-bones like React, but it has all the add-on items on their official page as their pick.
Again, it is good for newbies who don’t want to spend much time shopping around for options.
In the battle of react js vs Vue js, React offers more flexibility.
|React has a great market presence and used by many corporations, it leads to better job opportunities.
|Although, we cannot come to the conclusion about Vue jobs available today. As the framework is still young and upcoming years may down the demand of Vue developers.|
Choosing to React js vs Vue js is entirely dependent on your business use-cases. If someone is looking for developing complex applications with the support of more front-end developers with rich experience and skills, then React JS would be a great choice. Apart from this, if you want to build something simple, easy, and fast, you should go for Vue as it has the support of a template that is easily learned and code. I would also like to recommend that if you’re potentially going to build a mobile version of your website with code sharing, then consider React, as the code can be shared between React and React Native. There is no counterpart like this in Vue.